Friday, June 14, 2013

4/11/2013

After work on April 11,2013, i drove over to the lab and got my blood drawn for viral load and cd4 levels. 
My doctor had included other lab work such as CBC and metabolic panel.

So, several vials later, I went home.

Today is June 13, 2013.  I went to see my doctor to get the blood work results from April.

This blood work is for one month of being on Atripla. 

My CD4 went up 20 points to 281.

My viral load went down precipitously to 1710.

I am very happy for these results.

My doctor mentioned that my other blood work was fine.

I am encouraged that my medication is working.

I hope to keep it in that direction.

I am experiencing some minor side effects, which are not the common side effects found in people who take this medication.

I have the usual fatigue, which is common. But, I have been having numbness of my left pinky finger as well as mild tinnitus.

I told my doctor that these are minor and I don't want to change my regimen.

She agreed and we both decided to just keep an eye on these and other side effects.

It they become worse, I do need to let her know.

Otherwise, awesome news!

I will need to go back to the lab the first week of July and then go back to my doctor the following week for my 3 month follow-up.

I am hopeful that by my 3-month anniversary of taking Atripla that I will be undetectable in viral load and my CD4 will be higher than 281.

Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment